April 2, 2021
No claims to CervicalCheck Tribunal underlines total lack of confidence in process – David Cullinane TD

Sinn Féin spokesperson on Health David Cullinane has raised concerns at the lack of claims made to the CervicalCheck Tribunal to date.

In a response he received to a parliamentary question, it is detailed that as of March 22nd no claims have been lodged with the tribunal.

Teachta Cullinane said:

“The lack of claims made to the Cervical Check Tribunal underlines the total lack of confidence in the process.

“The 221+ group raised concerns regarding the statue of limitations, the issue of recurrence, and, crucially, the adversarial nature of the tribunal.

“They set out that they did not have confidence in the tribunal and that their concerns had not been addressed.

“It appears that the women affected have made up their own minds now too and have voted with their feet.

“256 claims have been made in total relating to the misreading of tests. Proceedings have been issued for 190 claims and 31 claims have been concluded.

“But none of these have gone to the tribunal and to date, only a limited number of queries have been received by the tribunal.

“It would seem that those affected do not have confidence in the process as it is set out and Minister Donnelly must engage with them to ensure that the tribunal is fixed or that another workable solution is found.”

Follow us online

Latest Tweets

Transparency & accountability crucial to restore confidence at University of Limerick – @QuinlivanTD

Teachta Quinlivan's comments come following reports the Garda Economic Crime Bureau is examining issues relating to a controversial housing deal at UL.

It is essential that a State apology is now made to the families of the Stardust tragedy.

@MaryLouMcDonald has said that the apology must address the failures of governments, not just 43 years ago in the aftermath of this tragedy, but every day since then.

#JFT48

Following a meeting with the families of the Stardust tragedy this morning, @MaryLouMcDonald has said that "a full state apology to the families must be made now, and it must address the systematic failure over 43 years".

MORE: https://vote.sinnfein.ie/a-full-state-apology-to-stardust-families-must-address-systematic-failure-over-43-years-mary-lou-mcdonald/

ICOB in danger of being becoming another failed government business support scheme – @loreillysf

“It's essential that the May 1st deadline for registrations is extended, and that government & local authorities engage with SME's to encourage take-up."

Load More